Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Friendship

I was once told that friends come and go, Brothers and sisters are suppose to be close, and Family is the boiling pot for hope and love. Recently I found out that there are some stipulations to all of that. When is too much, too much? Can we as humans really forgive like God does? Or are we really like the nail in the wall story? (You can take the nail out and paint over the hole but the hole is still there.)

I often wonder if the people who say that they love you, if they really mean it unconditionally or has that condition just not shown up to where they will draw a line on that love. I have been in many situations with people who have done some horrible things to me and even embarrassed me but it is the Love of Christ that makes me love them inspite of.

Where are the unconditional friendships of the past? Did they ever exist? Or are friends like automobiles; every few years you need to upgrade to a new model? Or do you keep what you have and make upgrades to it.

I am truly at a crossroads now. I have a problem and I understand that it needs to be fixed. But Rome wasn't built in a day. And I really don't feel like waiting on the construction site to close. Niether do I feel like the ridicule that comes with the transition process. But if something is worth it, you can deal with anything.

Life changes, trees die, and a friend of mine once said that "People are dying that have never died before". But in closing all I have to say is a mistake is a mistake and forgiveness is not for the other person, it's for you.!!!!

And this was on the mind of Ivy Thoughts,

If you're not wearing green, you better be wearing Jade!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment