Thursday, July 22, 2010

An Addiction

There is something about you that I just can’t quite explain
Why do I feel like this?
Why do you touch me and I feel no pain?
I go over in my head the good things about you
Like how you make me feel, not physical
But that’s good too!

I compare you to the past but you don’t fit.
You went against everything I believed in
But I felt that this was the right commitment.
I tried to fit you into an equation
But x equaled nothing out side of infinity.

So I took it upon my self to tell you how I would feel
To let you know about my past and to show you I’m real.
I asked you questions to get to know you
When I already knew who you were
I told you things about me and you felt who I was

On to the test drive to see if we like the ride.
Bumping and grinding came with ease
So we decided to buy.
No leases and no payment plans
It was cash built on faith
Hearts put up for deposit
No time to wait

It’s a strange feeling and I love how it makes me feel
1 plus 1 equals 2 but in this dimension only love is real
I had to tell you this
So that no one would be amiss
I think I found An Addiction
And it started with a kiss!!!!


Ivy Thoughts

1 comment: