Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What would I do if I could feel?

In the movie “The Whiz”, the Tin Man asked this question over and over again. When all along he could feel, all the time he cried for “Tini” his metal wife. She put him in a position that too many people currently live in today. I took a long shower today and I looked in the mirror and I was happy to say, “I like what I see!” Many people today can’t say that or don’t even know how to put those words together in a sentence referring to themselves. I sometimes wish I could make everyone see the beauty in themselves. But you know how society always says those sayings, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”, “Beauty is only skin deep”, “One mans trash is another man’s treasure”. All of these sayings give way for someone else to validate what is beautiful. I love the song that Lena Horne sang, “Believe in Yourself”, because it shows that we ultimately determine how other people see us. Through our confidence, we can allow someone to treat us in a certain way. It is all about self empowerment. You fail first in your mind. I can’t help you if you can’t see what’s wrong with you. My good friend Ricki always says that the first step is denial and the second step is admittance. If we could get people past step one so many lives could be changed. So if you have ever had a down moment when you feel that you don’t look as good as the next person or even if that next person is better looking than you, take the time to encourage yourself. Because confidence in the end is all you have.

And this was on the mind of Ivy Thoughts.
If you’re not wearing green, you better be wearing Jade!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment